Sunday, September 22, 2013

A New Port

This one is for Doreen.

I’ve been blogging for years, since 2005.  However, for whatever reason it has been more than one year since I last made a post.  A friend once pointed out that my blog posts are rarely very personal, that I do not reveal much about myself in my entries.  Perhaps that is true.  So perhaps the reason I stop writing from time to time is that what I have to write about is more personal than what I want to reveal.  Perhaps.

Anyway... I am not only writing a new blog entry today, but I am I am also creating a new blog,  araalinng:  it’s all good.  After living in Uganda for as long as I have lived in any place in my life, I made the decision to broaden my horizon and head west.  Yes, my friends, I am now in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.  Google Port Harcourt.  Besides news regarding the weather and kidnappings, you will not find much detail about the city and the areas around it.  Yeah.  I have found the lack of information online about the area a hurdle in my quest to settle in to the new city which I will call home for the next couple of years... at least.  

I suppose one of my aims with this blog is that through sharing my personal experiences in this Rivers State city, I will also be sharing some useful information to others who might one day be visiting or relocating to the area.  Like many places in the world, it is easy to focus on the challenges.  While I do not intend to sugarcoat anything, I do intend to share positive little tidbits from life here.  Because of my opinionated nature, I am sure that some negative components of reality will also creep in as well.  This is my reality or perceptions of my reality.  What ever you want to call it, don’t take it seriously at all.

Just for the record:  I do not work with or in association with the petroleum industry.  

So far so good.


It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment