Sunday, September 29, 2013

Winopologise



I am releasing an official statement to apologise to anyone who attended today’s Blankets and Wine in Kampala.  I have no idea who performed or if the weather held out, but I do know that the event was not as spectacular as it could have been if Rowena and I had our blankets laid out, in a prominent position on the lawn with our cooler of assort wines, cold cuts, cheeses, breads, cakes and other small bites as per our custom.  I am sorry that we were not there 
together to add our enthusiasm to the event which would have had an add-on effect to the performances as the artists who would have fed off of our energy.  I must admit that Blankets and Wine was really Rowena’s and Timothy’s Shindig.  It was never marketed as such (which I personally think was a mistake), but truth be told, we always brought the best set up and spread of consumable delights to the event; it was award winning (in our minds at least).  Our synergy when organising food and bevvies has led to many successful all-day and late-night extravaganzas.  The delight of which can only be imagined if you were blessed by the divine to attend.  And if you were not, then once again, I’m sorry.  Our powers are unparralled.  Because of changes in the situations of both of our lives, we could not unite our forces to make today’s event an amazing success.  While today’s Blankets and Wine might have been successful, it was not amazing since by definition, to be amazing, Rowena and I needed to be in attendance.   Both of us.  Together.  Anyway, like I said before, I am sorry, sincerely sorry.  I know people paid their hard-earned 35k/50k to attend today’s event, and it just was not as great as it could have been simply because of our absence.  I was taught at a young age that it’s not bragging if it’s true.  And it’s true.  The dynamic duo of Rowena and Timothy rule supreme!!!  You oughta know.


So that is my Blankets and Winopology.

Now on this weekend in Port Harcourt, I actually found myself in one of my locals, Cheers Bar.  Picture this:  me sitting at the bar, football on the big screen.  Yeah, I also would have rather stuck needles in my eyes.  BUT.  BUT!!!  The bar was stocked with Stella. 


 Lynne, if you ever did come to visit, at least we could drink at Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment