Friday, September 27, 2013

Not Just for the Birds

It is another Friday night in Port Harcourt.  What am I up to?


That is me with Uganda on my mind... and on the phone.  See the bottle at my side (my right-hand man).  That one is dedicated to Sheila and my other beautiful Iteso friends.  Sorghum baby!  

Mom, it's more than just cow feed.  

I was introduced to Gulder during my second week in Port Harcourt and was convinced that it was the beer for me when I read the list of ingredients and discovered it was a sorghum beer.  When I need a long-distance hug from “home”, I pop the cap off of a cold bottle of Gulder.  If only I were able to actually share one with members of my Kampala fraternity.  It definitely would have taken the edge off of a helluva week today.

Unfortunately for the sorghum farmers in Uganda, nature was not on their side this year.  




Not quite Alfred Hitchcock, but devastating all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment