Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday... It’s the Day We Get Ready...


Before we begin with Saturday, let’s talk about Friday night.  I caught wind of this funky art gallery/bar/restaurant called Elleanora’s King out near Artillery Junction.  Rumour had it that they serve an amazing pork dish.  If you know me, then you know that art gallery/bar/pork joint translates to “heaven” in my mind, so my upstairs neighbour and I set out in search of this divine locality last night.  Well, even though the place was only about three mile away from my home,  it took us almost an hour to get there.  Blame it on the traffic.  Traffic gets a bad reputation.  But it’s truly a bitch.

While they are not Zanzibari, the ornately carved doors of Elleanora’s King gave me the feeling that I was entering a place that I would enjoy.  The place was not as lively as I had expected and worst of all no pork was available.   ("It is finished."  Some things never change.)  The Lagos beef dish was tasty, and best of all the chips were not just potato, but a mixture of potato and what I think were cassava chips.  I am unsure about the art gallery component.  There was some art of interest on display upstairs, but when I enquired, I was informed by one of the waitresses that they do not sell the art.  (???)

So Saturday.

The special day.

I’ve been in Port Harcourt a little over a month now, and my first pay day was within the week, so this morning was spent shopping for this month’s supplies.  I also spent an hour at the school working on some tasks.  When I got home, the tailor was in the car park waiting.


The parking-lot tailoring shop:  having alterations done has never been easier.  
A little sneak preview of what Monday has in store.  Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment