Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Lucky Streak!

It was a five year old’s birthday today.  I got a plate of food from his party.

Food for five year olds.  I think I love Nigeria.
Notice that the plate contains a what?  

A cupcake.  Yes, the superhero confection might not have been fancy (It was my first experience with edible paper.  Amateur, I know.), but it was super-duper delicious.  Nigeria is literally feeding one of my addictions.  I must admit to being more than pleasantly surprised with the quality of the cupcakes I have been finding around here lately.  It is a very yummy lucky streak, and if I am not careful the belly will get out of control again.

Gym, please!!!

If you notice on the plate of food is a piece of two-layered cake, chocolate and red velvet.  The icing in the middle was not the traditional cream or sour cream icing, but no need to think, “Sad.”  In between the two layers was a peanut-butter icing, and it worked.  It really, really worked.  If my taste buds could have spasmed, they would’ve.  My toes did curl a bit from the unexpected, pleasurable taste sensation.

Who’s the baker?  Who’s the baker?  Sadly (now it’s appropriate to express remorse), the great cakes were not supplied by a cupcake bakery where one can go and just pick up a cake when desired.  However, special orders can be made.  The caterers are called Cinnamon & Sauces, and their contact information can be found following this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment