Monday, November 4, 2013

An Eclipse, You Say?

Well I did not see it here.  And according to what I heard on CNN this morning it will not happen again for 150 years.  “It hardly ever happens.”

Thanks, Ellie!

And thanks total solar eclipse of yesterday (3rd November) for giving me yet another excuse to break out my The Watcher in the Woods dvd.  Again.  It doesn’t take much.


While I was home over the summer I saw Jan ice skating in a James Bond movie.  It’s the one with Grace Jones.

In other local news, I got my ATM card today!!!  It only took a little more than two months, and I have it now.  That opens up so many possibilities for me.  

Getting my ATM card means having to pick it up in person which means going to the bank (in person) which means dealing with bank people.  You  know how I feel about visiting banks.  Bank people are insufferable the world over, whether it be the hag behind the desk in Port St Joe who was too damn stupid and lazy to even try to  figure out how to make an international wire transfer or the bank manager in Kampala who thought she would do me a 'favour' by taking my cash or the woman today who kept insisting that I take a seat when there were no seats left to be taken.  I had to assure her that I would not be sitting in anyone's lap, which brought a good laugh from those who were seated.  I love inspiring laughter, especially when it breaks the tension.

Had to put on my bank face.


Oh, the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment