Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Is It a Globe or a Map: A Model's Brain

You know I love what I do.  I love the diversity of the tasks I have to perform each day, and I love the challenge of everyday being different and never really knowing what to expect because the people I work with are unpredictable.  There is never a dull moment, and while not always, the excitement is usually a lot of fun.  And after all is said and done, we can usually look back on the experience over a few drinks and laugh and laugh.

A conversation I had this afternoon made me feel like was was living an episode of Just Say Julie from over twenty years ago on MTV.  Remember the How To Be a Model episode?  (Google it!  It’s on YouTube.)  I was doing my best to help someone (not a child) understand that a globe was different from a map because one was 3D and the other was 2D.  I truly thought we’d find her brain on the floor resembling a wad of chewing gum after it exploded and shot out of her ear, kind of like the model’s.



I can never undervalue the head massage I receive from my barber after a haircut.  First there is the quasi-massage from the vibration of the clippers on my scalp, and after he finishes with the haircut, the barber really goes to town with his hands.  It is totally a win-win situation for me.  And after the “Model’s Brain” conversation I had this afternoon, I was in need of the stress and tension relief that comes along with the massages.

Since the barber is almost next door to Queen’s Restaurant, I popped in on my walk home for some unripe plantain porridge, or as we called in in Uganda: katogo.  


Perhaps just a bit spicier.

No comments:

Post a Comment