Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Status Quo and Vindaloo Possibilities

Last weekend was one of the most enjoyable and interesting ones I have had since I arrived in this city.  In addition to Thor with friends on Friday, there was the Diwali Mela festivities hosted by the Indian Cultural Association on Saturday night.  That is where

I won a vacuum cleaner, y’all!

Not only that, I rocked up on some pretty tasty Indian food.  How apropos at an even hosted by the Indian Cultural Association, right?  But the truth is, advertising is not at its strongest in Port Harcourt so you have to be in the know, know people who are in the know or accidentally rock up on things of interest.  Well, now I am one of those in the know now about Indian restaurants in Port Harcourt, and thanks to my phone camera, I can share their contact deets with you.


Ok, so I did not deviate far from the status quo with my sucky advertising.  The names of the restaurants were not captured in the photos, but the phone numbers are there, and I think that both restaurants are in the GRA area.  I have not yet visited the restaurants, but I hope to soon.  Judging by the food they served at the festival on Saturday, I’d say they are pretty good, and I look forward to having some more.  However, I’ve been off Indian food for a while.  I used to really love going out for Indian, then all the food tasted sweet to me which put me off.  We'll see how it goes… I could go for a vindaloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment