Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Real Coffee and Cupcakes Kind of Day

My microwave oven doubles as a convection oven, and until today, I had never used that feature of it.  This Saturday morning seemed like a real coffee and cupcakes kind of day so I had to get the instruction manual out of the bottom draw and read up in order to fire put the oven and have Coffee and Cupcakes ready to open by brunch time.  

I found a fantastic recipe at:  http://www.anniesnoms.com/2013/09/17/back-to-basics-perfect-vanilla-cupcakes/, and got to baking.

I made the icing with probably the worst icing sugar I have had the pleasure (hihi!) to use.  Take note, people who bake in Port Harcourt, this is the guilty culprit.


Beware.  Sure, it is sweet enough, and in the end the icing was pretty good, but the rock-hard clumps of powdered sugar took some work to break up, and the consistency was a bit grittier than I would normally like to work with and made it a bit more difficult to get a smooth and fluffy icing.

After the cakes cooled, I iced those puppies.


The cappuccino was made and and an offering was placed at the Altar of Jessy.  She is a benevolent Queen and has never demanded such, but since I am living in a self-proclaimed colony of her Queendom of Fabulosity, I found it only fitting to do so.  


However, it would have been exponentially more fabulous if I could have offered a cupcake to her in person in my kitchen.  Wishes.

The deliciousness of the cupcakes inspired me.  After inhaling one… ok…ehrm…well…three, I was motivated to finally make my trip to the nearby fitness center and register.  From the look of things, 


my vist was none too soon.  I paid for a year’s membership to motivate me to actually go and get my money’s worth.  I also paid for the gold membership to have access to a personal trainer twice a week and massages twice a month.  Let’s see what happens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment