Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jumping Out of Cabs

I am really trying to get out of my flat more and more, especially since getting back from Brussels.  Last night, I sent my driver home, invited a friend over, walked down to the street, hailed a cap and went to the cinema at Genesis Center.  And it was a great evening.  We ran into a friend of a friend at the cinema and had pre-show drinks together.  Percy Jackson:  Sea of Monsters was pretty bad, but we laughed and that made the outing worth it in my book.  

It was jumping out of the cab after the ride home and having to scrounge around for change because the driver could not break the larger note that gave me flashbacks of great times of the past and made me associate my present moment with them.  I really loved it.  I loved the fact that I had been out with a friend (simple, but it’s been a while since I’d done that), and I loved the freedom I felt as we roamed around the neighbourhood together.  I guess we can call this progress.  Settling in takes time anywhere, and I guess I am out of practice with it.  Add to that the uncertainty related to security--a reality that cannot be ignored--and you get many evenings alone watching too many episodes of Come Dine with Me in order to vicariously experience dinner parties.  I have quasi-plans to go see Thor this weekend, and then a little cafe with pretty good cappuccino and waffles is scheduled to open in my kitchen on Saturday.  Things are looking up, and life appears to be getting exciting.  

Now, if only I can get the handyman back to finish hanging my art…

In other exciting news:  I think I see a marathon in my future.  I guess I need to figure out how/where/when/with whom to run.
Oh, and Britney released a new song.  Perfume.  


Love it!  It is on repeat.  I should have been hired to advise Britney long ago.  She is now taking the path with her music that I recommended she do twelve years ago.  And E! wants call will. i. am an innovator.  My mind is way ahead of that shit.


No comments:

Post a Comment