Thursday, October 31, 2013

It’s All About the Downloads, Baby!

I have a confession to make.  I bought and downloaded Microsoft 365 yesterday.  Yes.  I did.  I had never been more excited about anything Microsoft ever.  While I am steadily falling in love with the most current update to Pages, I got tired of having to ‘export’ every time I wanted to transfer a document over to my computer at work.  Having Word on my laptop just simplifies my work a little.  I said, a little.  I am not in love with the idea that I have to pay a yearly ‘subscription’ of about $100, but I do like being able to download Office on up to five different computers and the 60 Skype minutes that come monthly along with the ‘subscription’.  I just hope I remember to use them.  I just updated my Office in my office to the 2013 version today.  Take that incessant red bars asking for the activation code!

The most serendipitous element related to the timing of my recent trip to Belgium was the release of Apple’s free new OS, Maverick!  One word:  beautiful.  I am once again in love, and my only regret is that I did not travel with both of my laptops.  Besides upgrading to Maverick, I also updated the iOS of both my iPhone and iPad, and I have never been more proud of my Apple Whore status.  I must say that I am not in love with the aesthetic of the monthly view in iCal, but I do love how you can now scroll between months.  


It is Halloween, and in the great Halloween tradition, I just finished watching It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, which I also downloaded from iTunes while in Belgium.  I did quite a bit of holiday downloading and maxed out my host’s presumed unlimited amount of GBs.  Sorry, Jessy.  However, RuPaul’s Ho, Ho, Ho ready to set the Christmas mood makes it all seem worth it.

Also downloaded (from iTunes, of course) was the original A Nightmare on Elm Street, which I will watch in a couple of hours accompanied by Pizza from Cheers Bar.  Earlier today, I completed season 1 of American Horror Story courtesy a hard drive full of series to catch up on thanks to friends who allowed me access to share in the wonders of the world of stable and truly high-speed internet.  

Happy Halloween, y’all!!!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment