Sunday, October 20, 2013

Where Sally Ditched Her School Chums and Lady Chaperone

After spending what seemed like two days standing on my feet waiting in line after line after line, I finally reached my final destination (Brussels, Belgium) this afternoon around 1:00pm.  After linking up with Jessy at the train station, we set off to find food as eating is my favourite thing to do with my friends and I was famished after the journey.  Being that it was Sunday, and Sundays were made for bunching, we ended up at BarBeton for their spread of all-you-can-eat baked goods, cheeses and other scrumptious delights and used the brunching time to begin catching up which we will continue to do until I leave on the 25th.

The afternoon was spent taking advantage of truly high-speed internet:  downloading and updating software and apps.  We also took some time to catch up on needed rest and sleep.  

Then it was time to get started on the list of activities Jessy and I planned for my visit.  Yes, there is a table with bulleted activities scheduled for each day of this week.  Because I arrived a day late, we have made some revisions, but we got on to tackling the items on the list this evening, and the first item on the list we were able to put a tick beside was visit Antwerp.

We got a late start because both of us were pretty knackerd, so it was night when we got to Antwerp.  We went to the cinema and saw The Conjuring.  Then we wandered around the city a bit and ended up inside of the beautiful train station.  


The doorway looks like the doorway to the Emerald City and brought to mind Wicked.  Oh, Elphaba!!!


Topping off the evening, I added a tick beside "eat Mussels" after devouring a delightful plate of Italian risotto.

Update:  This is going to be like one of the episodes of Come Dine With Me when someone changes their score the next morning because something unexpected comes out during the night.  Something very unpleasant and unexpected most definitely came out last night, and the mild fever that accompanied it would suggest a bit of food poisoning was to blame.  Unfortunately, no matter how much I enjoyed the meal while consuming it (and it was delicious), I never hoped to excrete it in such a manner, and for this reason I am changing me opinion of the restaurant to "eat there with caution."

No comments:

Post a Comment