Thursday, October 17, 2013

Douchey but Not Flaky

I left work early/on time/only 40 minutes late today and felt like a douchey slacker.  It’s sick, right?  I’m travelling tomorrow, so I had things to do.  And by things I mean I needed to buy a new Swatch, a red one this time.  I’m not even going to try and validate that confession with an explanation.  
I bought it at the Swatch store at Genesis Center.  I got the red Swatch to add to my collection, but I am pretty sure it had been sitting on the shelf for at least three years.  And the reason why I would know that is because it has the older type of resin wristband which Swatch replaced about three years ago because the bands would break in less than a year.  I know this because I had to replace the bands for two of my Swatches I bought about four years ago.  Anyway, I wanted the red Swatch , so I got it, even knowing I would be replacing the wristband in a few months.

Want to know what else I bought at Genesis Center today?  A cheese croissant (buttery and yummy, but not flaky which would have made it a truly remarkable find).



As I mentioned, I left work early/on time/only 40 minutes late and felt like a douchey slacker.  I had to find a remedy, and the remedy was to come home and put in another 3+ hours.  I really felt like I was channelling Angela B or Robyn Y tonight (love you!!!).  On the plus side, reports are edited.  However, the negative side effect is going to be trying to sleep tonight knowing the contents of the reports.  Anxiety.


No comments:

Post a Comment