Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Price One Pays to Not Be a Squirmer


Predisposition for some addictions is genetic right?  I have already admitted one of my addictions:  TV.  (I mean, I’m watching Unique Sweets as I type.  Why?  It is scratching two itches... Kind of.  The calorie-free version is never as satisfying.)  Well, I think I carry genes for many addictions, and yes, Facebook is another one of them.  

Today while getting my feed fix, my beautiful friend, Dany, shared this article with the comment, “Yes Yes Yes”.

40 Things Every Self-Respecting Man Over 30 Should Own


I’m slightly over 30, and I just purchased my first cast iron skillet.  I had a few good chuckles while reading the list, especially because I either have or plan to have soon most of the items on the list.  Most.  I absolutely disagree with the need to own a car, and cologne makes me want to vomit.  I cannot wear scents.

I am in desperate need of #22. 




However, like buying quality underwear in Uganda, buying an ironing board in Nigeria is going to require me to put fiscal sense aside and just bite the bullet to satisfy a need.  

I took these photos last weekend when out shopping for an ironing board.  I knew I’d have an opportunity to blog about this ridiculousness sooner or later.  Yay!  It’s today!!!



So what do you think?  Does that look like a $113 ironing board to you?  Well, it is what it is.  While I’ve already made it past the job interview, I still don’t want to squirm in my wrinkled pants and shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment