Monday, October 7, 2013

Today's Walk

Today was the first day since beginning work here that I left kind of on time instead of a few hours late.  It was for a very excellent reason, and I am now in possession of a round trip ticket for Air France flights to see one of my favourite people in the world.  I was meant to visit her in July, but it just did not work out that way.  Life.  Well, things are working out now, my dear!!!


I tried to buy my ticket online, but for security reasons, I was required to go in to the Air France office to pay with my credit card in person.  It sounded like it was gong to be a real pain, especially considering Port Harcourt traffic.  As luck would have it, an Air France office is almost literally right around the corner from my flat.  An added bonus of going in to the office was I was able to get on the Friday night flight which I was unable to book online.  That means an extra 24 hours in Brussels.  Excellent!!!

I also walked down to my local barber shop for a haircut.  Yes, folks, I walked.  


After getting my hair cut, I stayed for a manicure and pedicure.  It had been too long!!!  The haircut was great, but as far as the mani and pedi went, they were fair.  It was my first experience of having the dead skin and callouses removed from my feet with a razor blade.  I kept imagining a slip of a hand and the blade slicing through my flesh.  I mean, the salon was no Sparkles, but it was local.  However, a foot massage given by someone wearing rubber gloves is worse than it sounds.  Talk about eating sweets with the wrapper still on.  I guess I still need to explore a bit more to find what I like.  However, they will do in the interim.

On my walk home, I discovered what I hope will be a regular hangout joint.  It was so cool, the kind of place I would have loved in Kampala but never found there.  More to come about that.  Hopefully this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment